Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Due to the the COVID-19 Outbreak, all in-person Makerspace Events, Workshops, and Appointments have been canceled. But we are working hard to put our workshops online. Checkout out Makerspace Updates for our latest online workshop.
- The LSC-North Harris Library reserves the right to decline request for use of VR Equipment for any reason
- VR Equipment may only be used for lawful and educational purposes
- VR Equipment may not be used to produce, reproduce, or create content that is:
- subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection
- in violation of intellectual property rights
- prohibited by Lone Star College, local, state, or federal government
- obscene or inappropriate for educational institutions
- Before using VR equipment, make sure the playing area is free of any obstructions - chairs, backpacks, or other objects - that might pose a tripping hazard.
- Be respectful of people using the VR Equipment. No horseplay in the VR Equipment Area.
- Take at least a 10 to 15 minute break for every 30 minutes of use.
- Some people may experience dizziness, seizures, or other issues brought on by light flashes or patterns while experiencing VR or watching video screens. If you are experiencing these symptoms, discontinue use of VR equipment immediately and seek medical attention. If you have exhibited these symptoms in the past while using VR equipment, playing video games, or while watching TV should consult a doctor before using this equipment.
- Children under the age of 13 are not allowed to use VR equipment. Children over the age of 13 may use VR equipment with a parent or guardian present at all times. Children over the age of 13 should avoid prolonged use of VR equipment.
- Before use of equipment, make sure to read the manufacturers' safety warnings:
Virtual Reality Augmented Reality
Due to the the COVID-19 Outbreak, all in-person Makerspace Events, Workshops, and Appointments have been cancelled. The LSC-North Harris Library Makerspace remains closed.
Click here to learn more about how Lone Star College is responding to the COVID-19 Outbreak, answers to Frequently Asked Questions and what precautions you can take.