Skip to Main Content

LGLA 1303 - Legal Research Term Project

Research Guide for LGLA 1303 Legal Research Term Project assignment

Getting Started

This guide serves as a starting point to begin research for the 1303 Legal Research Term Project. Research can be completed using Westlaw.

All current paralegal students should have a personal username and password to Westlaw. It will arrive in an email from Thomson Reuters to your Student email address (not D2L email). 

Examples on Reserve

Examples of the completed term project are available on Reserve in the Library. Ask at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library to check these out for 2 hours use in the Library.

Circulation Desk

Need copies of print material?

Do you need to scan or copy the pages from a print law book?

There are several options available:

  • Photocopiers are available on the in the Copy Room in LB210 on the 2nd floor of the Library.
    • Either login using the small kiosk next to the copier to use money on your Student Print Account or use change in the machine.
    • Copies cost 10 cents per page. 
  • scanner is available at the front of the 2nd floor of the Library near the windows by the Circulation Desk.
    • The walk-up scanner is free and scans to either an email address or to a USB flash drive.
  • Use a scanner app on your mobile device. 
    • Cam Scanner (Basic version) is a free app that let's you scan documents using the camera on your phone or other mobile device.

Getting Started with Westlaw

Today's Hours


Only currently registered Lone Star paralegal students can access Westlaw. Current paralegal students will receive an email to their MyLoneStar student email from Thomson Reuters with details on how to activate their personal account. For problems with this, please contact the Paralegal department.


Please note:

The information on this guide has been prepared by LSC-North Harris Librarians for general information purposes only and should not be construed as, nor substituted for, legal advice. It is strongly advised that you contact an attorney for legal advice.