If you just have a quick question, like "what database should I use?" or "how do I cite a book?", and you need an answer right away, try using our chat reference or email reference services.
Virtual Reference Librarians can help you with:
- Research - constructing a search strategy, finding articles and books, using library database, and locating primary sources.
- Citation - preparing your Works Cited or Bibliography, citing quotes, and formatting relating to MLA, APA, and Chicago Style Manuals.
- Evaluation - is this a reliable source? Is the information presented timely and accurate?
Virtual Reference Librarians cannot help you with:
- Questions about how the Coronavirus Outbreak will affect your class - for information about Lone Star College's response, please visit http://www.lonestar.edu/coronavirus. For specific information about your class, email your professor.
- Questions about Registration, Tuition, Class Schedule - Please visit Student Services at http://www.lonestar.edu/students.htm.
- Legal Advice - Librarians are not licensed lawyers and cannot provide legal advice.
- Medical Advice - Librarians are not licensed medical professionals and cannot provide medical advice. If you are in need of emergency medical attention, call 911. For less serious issues, contact your doctor. For mental health resources, visit http://www.lonestar.edu/mental-health.htm.