Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have a quick question, like "what database should I use?" or "how do I cite a book?", and need an answer right away? Try using our chat reference or email reference services first.
About Meet with a Librarian
Are you having a lot of problems finding articles? Is your search strategy returning no results? Schedule a virtual visit with a librarian for help. Using Webex, a librarian will meet with via your computer and help you with your research, citations, and source evaluation.
Who can use this service?
This service is for current students of Lone Star College. To use this service, you will need to provide your myLoneStar email address. Having trouble accessing your student email? Please visit the OTS Knowledge Base for more information.
What can we help you with?
If you just have a quick question, like "what database should I use?" or "how do I cite a book?", and you need an answer right away, try using our chat reference or email reference services.
Virtual Reference Librarians can help you with:
- Research - constructing a search strategy, finding articles and books, using library database, and locating primary sources.
- Citation - preparing your Works Cited or Bibliography, citing quotes, and formatting relating to MLA, APA, and Chicago Style Manuals.
- Evaluation - is this a reliable source? Is the information presented timely and accurate?
Virtual Reference Librarians cannot help you with:
- Questions about how the Coronavirus Outbreak will affect your class - for information about Lone Star College's response, please visit http://www.lonestar.edu/coronavirus. For specific information about your class, email your professor.
- Questions about Registration, Tuition, Class Schedule - Please visit Student Services at http://www.lonestar.edu/students.htm.
- Legal Advice - Librarians are not licensed lawyers and cannot provide legal advice.
- Medical Advice - Librarians are not licensed medical professionals and cannot provide medical advice. If you are in need of emergency medical attention, call 911. For less serious issues, contact your doctor. For mental health resources, visit http://www.lonestar.edu/mental-health.htm.