Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have a quick question, like "what database should I use?" or "how do I cite a book?", and need an answer right away? Try using our chat reference or email reference services first.
Terms and Conditions
Who can use this service?
Only students, faculty, and staff of the Lone Star College System may use this service.
Use of System Computers
By using the Chat Reference, Email Reference, and/or Virtual Reference services, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the LSCS Policy Manual, II.G. Use of System Computers.
What can we help you with?
Virtual Reference Librarians can help you with:
- Research - constructing a search strategy, finding articles and books, using library database, and locating primary sources.
- Citation - preparing your Works Cited or Bibliography, citing quotes, and formatting relating to MLA, APA, and Chicago Style Manuals.
- Evaluation - is this a reliable source? Is the information presented timely and accurate?
Virtual Reference Librarians cannot help you with:
- Questions about how the Coronavirus Outbreak will affect your class - for information about Lone Star College's response, please visit http://www.lonestar.edu/coronavirus. for specific information about your class, email your professor.
- Questions about Registration, Tuition, Class Schedule - Please visit Student Services at http://www.lonestar.edu/students.htm.
- Questions about Purchasing or Renting Textbooks - Please visit the Campus Bookstore at https://www.lonestar.edu/Bookstore.
- Legal Advice - Librarians are not licensed lawyers and cannot provide legal advice.
- Medical Advice - Librarians are not licensed medical professionals and cannot provide medical advice. If you are in need of emergency medical attention, call 911. For less serious issues, contact your doctor. For mental health resources, visit http://www.lonestar.edu/mental-health.htm.