Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Due to the the COVID-19 Outbreak, all in-person Makerspace Events, Workshops, and Appointments have been canceled. But we are working hard to put our workshops online. Checkout out Makerspace Updates for our latest online workshop.
- The LSC-North Harris Library reserves the right to decline any print request for any reason
- The Makerspace may only be used to produce items for lawful and educational purposes
- The Makerspace will not be used to reproduce or create materials that are:
- subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection
- in violation of intellectual property rights
- prohibited by Lone Star College, local, state, or federal government
- unsafe, harmful, dangerous or poses an immediate threat to others
- obscene or inappropriate for educational institutions
- extraneous (objects that will take several hours) to produce
- Wear appropriate personal safety equipment
- When using the soldering kit, use the smoke absorber
- Direct any debris away from yourself and others
- No horseplay or goofing around in the Makerspace
- Use equipment as intended
- Report any unsafe conditions in the Makerspace to a librarian
- Only use equipment that you have been formally trained on by a Makerspace librarian
- We encourage the use of closed shoes. This is to protect your feet in the Makerspace
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry around moving tools or machinery
The use of the Makerspace is free to our students, employees, and community members. Most supplies are provided at no cost. In order to help us maintain the low costs, we encourage students to bring in some of their own materials. We collect various project materials to help cover the cost. We collect glass jars, tote bags, shirts, etc. Contact a Makerspace librarian for more information at NH3D@LoneStar.edu.
Due to the the COVID-19 Outbreak, all in-person Makerspace Events, Workshops, and Appointments have been cancelled. The LSC-North Harris Library Makerspace remains closed.
Click here to learn more about how Lone Star College is responding to the COVID-19 Outbreak, answers to Frequently Asked Questions and what precautions you can take.